Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It's Monday...What are you reading? (I'm a little late.)


The school year is winding down, and that means I am making a pile of books to take home for summer reading!  I have still been able to get a few books in during the rush of the end of the year.  I just finished reading The Elite by Kiera Cass.  I have been waiting on this one since the day that I finished The Selection, and I wasn't disappointed! 


America Singer lives in Illea, a nation divided by a caste system, which formed after the war that destroyed the United States.  She is chosen to compete in the Selection, a contest to see which girl can win the heart of Illea's Prince, and become the next Princess.  America has made it the elite level, and her relationship with Prince Maxon becomes increasingly more volatile.  Now, I am anxiously awaiting book three of the series!

The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine has become one of my new favorites!



Marlee doesn't have many friends at school, and she is painfully shy.  Then, she meets the brave and bold new girl at school, Liz, who helps Marlee overcome her fear of speaking.  Soon Liz is gone, and the rumor is that she is a negro girl passing as white.  Marlee doesn't care because Liz is her best friend, and she is determined to take on integration and the dangers their friendship could bring.  Set during the year after integration at Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas, this story of courage and friendship is beautifully written.  Prepare yourself to fall in love with Marlee and Liz!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that The Elite did not disappoint. I loved The Selection, which was unusual for me - not a romance fan. I find that the second book in a series is often just a teaser for the third. Loved The Lions of Little Rock, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...!
    Feel free to surf to my weblog :- RAILROAD JOBS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been nominated for the Liebster Award. Please see my blog for more information:
    Mrs. Tretbar’s Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. your information is good i like it.

    thanks

    Burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, this was a absolutely superior post. In approach I'd like to address like this too - demography time and absolute accomplishment to accomplish a acceptable article... but what can I say... I adjourn alot and never assume to get something done.
    toga costume

    ReplyDelete